This post contains affiliate links. For more information, see my disclosures here.
2-Ripe Avocados (large)
Step 1: Prep & Chop
- Cut the avocado in half, take out the pit, and scoop out the insides. Give it a rough chop and throw it in the blender.
- Peel and core the pears. If they are already pretty soft, you can just throw them right into the blender. If they are harder, cut them into bite size pieces and throw them into a small frying pan on medium heat. Add enough water to coat the bottom of the pan and cover. Let them cook until soft. Once softened, toss them in the blender.
Step 2: Blend
- Blend until you reach your desired consistency. You can add water if it is too thick or use the chop setting if your baby is able to handle some chunkier foods.
Step 3: Eat & Store
- Poor some in a bowl and let your little one enjoy!
- Freeze the leftovers. (Good for 3 months)
*I use the Oxo tot freezer trays to freeze in 1 oz. portions. Then I put them in labeled freezer bags.
Loghan likes this puree a lot and I admit I might sneak a couple bites here and there! It is pretty dang delicious and super easy to make. Avocados are a great source of nutrition to sneak into your baby’s diet as well. Loghan will eat them by themselves, but if your LO is a little more picky, I think this recipe just might be right up your alley. You can always play with the portions to fit your LO’s taste buds. If you like it, or even if you don’t, leave a comment with your rave review or share how you modified it to make it fit your needs.