This post contains affiliate links. For more information, see my disclosures here.
8 – Dates
Step 1: Prep & Chop
- Peel and core the pears. If they are already pretty soft, you can just throw them right into the blender. If they are harder, cut them into bite size pieces and throw them into a small frying pan on medium heat. Add enough water to coat the bottom of the pan and cover. Let them cook until soft. Once softened, toss them in the blender.
- Throw the dates into the blender. I buy ones that already have the pit removed, but if you don’t, make sure to remove the pit first!
Step 2: Blend
Blend until you reach your desired consistency. You can add water if it is too thick or use the chop setting if your baby is able to handle some chunkier foods.
Step 3: Eat & Store
- Poor some in a bowl over the oatmeal and let your little one enjoy!
- If you have extra fruit puree, you can freeze it and thaw it out for them to enjoy simply as is.
- Freeze the leftovers. (Good for 3 months)
*I use the Oxo tot freezer trays to freeze in 1 oz. portions. Then I put them in labeled freezer bags.
Notes: Oatmeal is one of my easy, go-to breakfast meals. When I first started making oatmeal for Loghan I used Gerber DHA & Probiotic Oatmeal (Single Grain Cereal) but you can pick whichever tickles your fancy. Once she was ready for something more chewy I started making transition oats. If your baby isn’t ready for transition oats you can make this recipe using only the single grain cereal. Hopefully your LO likes this recipe, or even if they didn’t, leave a comment with your rave review or share how you modified it to make it fit your needs.
2 ½ Cups – Baby Ground Oats
1 Cup – Oatmeal
3 Cups – Unsweetened Cashew Milk or Vanilla flavored
*You can also substitute regular milk, almond milk or whatever you LO drinks.
½ TBSP – Flax Meal
½ TBSP – Chia Meal
¼ TSP – Cinnamon