This post contains affiliate links. For more information, see my disclosures here.
2 – Bananas
1Tbsp. – Peanut Butter
*Transition oats recipe posted below
Step 1: Prep & Chop
- Peel the bananas and tear or cut them into smaller pieces. Throw them in the blender.
- Add the peanut butter to the blender.
Step 2: Blend
- Blend until you reach your desired consistency. You can add water if it is too thick or use the chop setting if your baby is able to handle some chunkier foods.
Step 3: Eat & Store
- Poor some in a bowl over the oatmeal and let your little one enjoy!
- If you have extra fruit puree, you can freeze it and thaw it out for them to enjoy simply as is.
- Freeze the leftovers. (Good for 3 months)
*I use the Oxo tot freezer trays to freeze in 1 oz. portions. Then I put them in labeled freezer bags.
Notes: Oatmeal is one of my easy, go-to breakfast meals. When I first started making oatmeal for Loghan I used Gerber DHA & Probiotic Oatmeal (Single Grain Cereal) but you can pick whichever tickles your fancy. Once she was ready for something more chewy I started making transition oats. If your baby isn’t ready for transition oats you can make this recipe using only the single grain cereal. Hopefully your LO likes this recipe, or even if they didn’t, leave a comment with your rave review or share how you modified it to make it fit your needs.
2 ½ Cups – Baby Ground Oats
1 Cup – Oatmeal
3 Cups – Unsweetened Cashew Milk or Vanilla flavored
*You can also substitute regular milk, almond milk or whatever you LO drinks.
½ TBSP – Flax Meal
½ TBSP – Chia Meal
¼ TSP – Cinnamon