This post contains affiliate links. For more information, see my disclosures here.
3 – Kiwis
1 Cup – Uncooked Spinach Leaves
3 – Pears
¼ Cup – Chickpeas
Step 1: Prep & Chop
- Peel the kiwis, cut them into pieces and place them in the blender.
- Measure out them spinach and put it in the blender. If you prefer, you can also cook the spinach first.
- Peel and core the apples and pears. Cut them into bite size pieces and throw them into a small frying pan on medium heat. Add enough water to coat the bottom of the pan and cover. Let them cook until soft. Once softened, toss them in the blender.
- Cook the chickpeas according to package direction. I buy the can chickpeas because they are easier and less time consuming.
* You can also roast all of the fruit (minus the raisins) to soften them a bit and for some extra flavor. Either way is delicious. Roast at 425°F for 10-15 minutes or until soft.
Step 2: Blend
- Blend until you reach your desired consistency. You can add water if it is too thick or use the chop setting if your baby is able to handle some chunkier foods.
Step 3: Eat & Store
- Poor some in a bowl and let your little one enjoy!
- Freeze the leftovers. (Good for 3 months)
*I use the Oxo tot freezer trays to freeze in 1 oz. portions. Then I put them in labeled freezer bags.
I’m not going to lie, this is not one of Loghan’s favorites but she did eat it. Don’t forget, it takes about seven times for you LO to decide whether they like something. If they still don’t like it after the first couple times, try it again after a few days and maybe only thaw out one – one ounce cube at a time. Hopefully your LO likes this recipe, or even if they didn’t, leave a comment with your rave review or share how you modified it to make it fit your needs.