This post contains affiliate links. For more information, see my disclosures here.
1 Box – Puff Pastry Sheets (2)
1 Handful – Baby Spinach
¼ Cup – Grated Parmesan
1 Egg + 1 TBSP Water
Step 1: Prep & Chop
- Thaw the puff pastry according to the package directions.
- Remove the stems of the spinach and roughly chop.
- Whisk together the egg and water mixture.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Lightly grease a non-stick baking sheet.
Step 2: Put it all together
- Lay out one sheet of pastry dough. You can lightly flour your surface if you think it might stick.
- Brush pastry dough with the egg mixture.
- Sprinkle with the spinach and parmesan (add more or less according to taste).
- Lay the other sheet of pastry dough on top of the first.
- With light-medium pressure use a rolling pin to press the sheets together. You just want the pastry sheets to stick together. You are not rolling them out into a thinner sheet.
- Cut the pastry dough into thirds and then into about ¾ inch strips.
- Twist each section of dough into a spiral shape and place on the baking sheet.
- Brush the tops with the remaining egg mixture and sprinkle with more parmesan, if desired.
- Bake according to package directions. About 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
Step 3: Eat & Store
- Remove from the oven, let them cool a bit and let your little one enjoy!
- Freeze the leftovers. (Good for 3 months)
Loghan loves these little breadsticks (so do I), especially when she is teething! Better yet, it’s a good way to sneak in some healthy greens without them even knowing. They make a great side to spaghetti and meatballs or just as a snack. Make sure your LO is ready for finger foods before trying these out. Hopefully your LO likes this recipe, or even if they didn’t, leave a comment with your rave review or share how you modified it to make it fit your needs.