This post contains affiliate links. For more information, see my disclosures here.
1 – Apple
1 – Pear
½ Cup – Fresh or frozen blueberries
Step 1: Prep & Chop
- Peel and core the apples and pears. Cut them into bite size pieces and throw them into a small frying pan on medium heat. Add enough water to coat the bottom of the pan and cover. Let them cook until soft. Once softened, toss them in the blender.
- Check over the blueberries for stems and remove them. If you started with frozen blueberries, thaw them. Now, go ahead and throw them in the blender with everything else.
* You can also roast all of the fruit to soften them a bit and for some extra flavor. Either way is delicious. Roast at 425°F for 10-15 minutes or until soft.
Step 2: Blend
- Blend until you reach your desired consistency. You can add water if it is too thick or use the chop setting if your baby is able to handle some chunkier foods.
Step 3: Eat & Store
- Poor some in a bowl and let your little one enjoy!
- Freeze the leftovers. (Good for 3 months)
*I use the Oxo tot freezer trays to freeze in 1 oz. portions. Then I put them in labeled freezer bags.
Loghan likes everything in this recipe so I’m not quite sure why she doesn’t care for it that much, but I will say she likes it better as a topping for the oatmeal I make rather than just a fruit puree. I’ve tried playing with the portions as well and still no luck, but she always eats it all. Hopefully your LO likes this recipe, or even if they didn’t, leave a comment with your rave review or share how you modified it to make it fit your needs.