This post contains affiliate links. For more information, see my disclosures here.
1 Cup – Frozen or fresh peaches
2 – Plums or Plumcuats
3 – Apples
I – 17.6 oz. package Gefen Organic Beets
Step 1: Prep & Chop
- Thaw the frozen peaches or peel and cut fresh peaches and toss them in the blender.
- Peel the plums or plumcuats, cut them into pieces, discard the seed and place them in the blender.
- Peel and core the apples. Cut them into bite size pieces and throw them into a small frying pan on medium heat. Add enough water to coat the bottom of the pan and cover. Let them cook until soft. Once softened, toss them in the blender.
- Cut the beets into smaller pieces and throw them in the blender. *You can also use fresh beets. I was doing this when I first started making baby food but I feel like they never got very soft no matter how I cooked them. They also take more time to prep and can stain things easily. Trust me, try the packaged ones – you can thank me later!
* You can also roast all of the fruit to soften them a bit and for some extra flavor. Either way is delicious. Roast at 425°F for 10-15 minutes or until soft.
Step 2: Blend
- Blend until you reach your desired consistency. You can add water if it is too thick or use the chop setting if your baby is able to handle some chunkier foods.
Step 3: Eat & Store
- Poor some in a bowl and let your little one enjoy!
- Freeze the leftovers. (Good for 3 months)
*I use the Oxo tot freezer trays to freeze in 1 oz. portions. Then I put them in labeled freezer bags.
Notes: Loghan LOVES beets and this is one of the many beet combos that she will just gobble up! I can mix beets with just about anything and she will eat them, which makes it easy to hide other ingredients she might not otherwise eat, like lentils, chickpeas or spinach. Beets don’t have a lot of calories, so it is a good idea to add other ingredients like chickpeas or lentils that have some protein to make sure your LO is getting the nutrients they need. If your LO liked this recipe, or even if they didn’t, leave a comment with your rave review or share how you modified it to make it fit your needs.